As a student at The UCLA Herb Alpert School of Music, you will benefit from the high-quality care and attention of our dedicated Student Affairs team. The Office of Student Affairs is comprised of a team of student affairs professionals who are committed to providing individualized counseling and advocacy for current undergraduate and graduate students, as well as general guidance for prospective students.
The Office of Student Affairs promises the following to current students of the School:
The Academic Journey
- Guiding prospective students through the application and audition process
- Welcoming and orienting students to the university and the School of Music
- Providing academic course planning and monitoring progress toward graduation
- Serving as guides and facilitators to college life, expectations, and responsibilities
- Helping students feel physically, emotionally, and mentally safe and supported throughout their time at UCLA by providing resources and referrals to other offices on campus
- Supporting and enabling professional relationships and associations that support student careers and further academic and artistic development
As an Office, we are dedicated to providing these services while fostering an environment of equity, diversity, and belonging.
Director of Enrollment Management
- Musicology BA
- Music History & Industry BA
(Music Industry Minors should direct questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Musicology PhD
- Prospective Students
Emily Spitz came to the UCLA Herb Alpert School of Music in 2017. Before joining the Student Affairs team, she earned her Bachelor’s of Music in Music Education at New York University and her Master’s of Philosophy in Musicology at the University of Cambridge. Her main instrument is the flute. When she’s not geeking out over musical topics, she enjoys playing video games, writing, and roping friends into her quest for the best sushi in LA.
Director of Student Affairs
- Music Performance BM
- Music Education BA
- Composition BA
- Music MM
- Music DMA
- Music MA
- Music PhD
- Global Jazz Studies BA
- Ethnomusicology BA
- Ethnomusicology PhD
Adam Fox joins the Herb Alpert School of Music with over five years of professional experience supporting and advising performing artists. Prior to UCLA, Fox worked at the American Musical and Dramatic Academy in Hollywood, where he served in a variety of student-facing roles to support students in the musical theatre, acting and dance programs.
Fox completed his undergraduate degree at the University of California, Santa Cruz in language studies with a minor in history, and his Master’s at New York University in Italian studies. As a lifelong learner, he enjoys finding new ways to incorporate his studies into his work and wants to soon study Korean as a foreign language.
In his free time, Fox enjoys spending time with his dog and is an avid plane spotter. If you don’t find him at a dog park, you’ll find him near LAX watching planes take off and land.
The UCLA Herb Alpert School of Music Troubadours are undergraduate students at the School of Music and are a great point of contact for prospective and admitted students to learn more about the School of Music undergraduate experience!