- Highly portable so you can record anywhere.
- No need to route through a mixer or interface.
- Relatively low cost.
- Fewer customization options when compared to using a mic with a mixer or interface.
- If they break, they break – no replacing components. If it does break, you would need to replace the entire microphone, which is costly when compared to replacing individual components.
Recommendations are based on budget, versatility, and compatibility.
* High-end options are not included, as they require a more thoughtful purchase analysis depending on the use-case.