XLR Microphones are a great solution for musicians who are considering a to use the microphone in a more professional setup and want to take into account system scalability, sound adjustability and overall durability.
- XLR mics often offer more adaptability and customization because they are routed through an audio interface.
- They are often built with durability in mind, so are more likely to hold up under heavy use.
- You can often replace individual components without a problem.
- Larger investment – you will need an interface and possibly a phantom power source.
- Not as portable due to needing to connect through an audio interface.