Ed Peto started placing a bet on music in China in 2006, and has been waiting for the market to catch up. We caught up with Ed in Berlin, but it could have just as easily been in London or China. Please enjoy Ed’s discussions of stepping early into China and helping work toward a system that is believing itself into a streaming market, as well as his journey to both understand and create change in this growing market space.
Guest: Ed Peto, Owner, Outdustry
A native of London, Ed Peto moved to China in 2006 to serve on the front lines of the music industry. He now owns and runs Outdustry, a unique music industry services business specializing in the Chinese recorded music industry. Typical clients include western talent, labels, publishers, services and CMOs for China market entry and representation.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/edpeto
- Twitter: @edpeto @outdustry
- Outdustry: http://outdustry.com/
- Tencent: https://www.tencent.com/en-us/index.html
- Saavn Artist Originals: http://www.saavn.com/corporate/labels
- Ed’s India article: https://blog.outdustry.com/interim-economy-an-introduction-to-indias-digital-music-industry-6304c7c80972