Founded in 2003, Friends of Jazz at UCLA is a UCLA Herb Alpert School of Music Support Group dedicated to providing an academic and musical environment that fosters and nurtures future jazz musicians who will inspire us all by:
- Supporting the growing needs of the UCLA Global Jazz Studies program with respect to student support, workshops, lecturers, and masterclasses.
- Sponsoring musical events to benefit jazz studies.
- Supporting outreach to secondary school students to raise awareness of jazz.
- Improving knowledge of UCLA and its extraordinary educational resources including its Global Jazz Studies program.
- Providing more positive exposure and public awareness of jazz as a unique American art form.